Gretchen Su Yunwen
Director, Sabara Law LLC
Gretchen specialises in intellectual property (IP) and data protection. She has more than 15 years of experience in the protection, commercialisation, and enforcement of IP rights, including advising clients on global IP protection and enforcement strategy, negotiating and drafting commercial agreements relating to brands, software and technology, and representing clients in local and cross-jurisdictional IP disputes. She is also an accredited Mediator with the Singapore International Mediation Institute (SIMI).
Gretchen is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), and has advised various clients on regulatory compliance, the adequacy of their data protection policies and procedures, as well as their response to data breaches.
Before joining Sabara Law, she was Partner in the Technology and Intellectual Property Practice of an established Singapore law firm.
In addition, Gretchen regularly conducts training and seminars on IP, tech and data protection issues, and has published multiple articles on IP and data protection law.
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of Singapore
- Singapore Academy of Law
- Singapore International Mediation Institute
- Advised a local insurance company on their software development project in collaboration with a local start-up firm, to incorporate artificial intelligence technology in their operations.
- Advised several Singapore statutory boards on tender-related contracts for the delivery, maintenance, support and hosting of software systems.
- Acted for a Japanese conglomerate and its Singapore subsidiary, and seized over a thousand counterfeit items in a successful collaborative raid with the Singapore Police Force.
- Advised a leading start-up company on compliance with data protection laws in respect of its data-sharing arrangement across multiple jurisdictions in the Southeast Asian region.
- Advised multiple domestic and foreign companies on compliance with Personal Data Protection Act and MAS Guidelines on Outsourcing.
- Coordinated multiple concurrent opposition, non-use cancellation, revocation and customs proceedings for trade mark portfolio clients across Singapore, Hong Kong, China, India and the Middle East.